PSA Oxygen generators are suitable for flows from 1 nm3/hr to 200 nm3/hr. For higher flows, we recommend VPSA oxygen generators.
Purity up to 95% is easily achievable by PSA oxygen generators, with balance mostly being a mix of inert gases such as nitrogen and argon. While this purity is suitable for many applications such as water purification, furnace enrichment, it may not be suitable for applications where 99% purity is a must.
Our PSA oxygen generators can deliver oxygen directly at 5 kg/cm2g pressure without an additional booster, making is suitable for most applications. If higher pressure is required by customer process or for storage, then we supply an additional booster.
Our Oxygen generators deliver very dry gas, with dew point as low as (-) 40°C. We also offer measuring instruments for online detection of gas dryness.
MVS Industrial Oxygen Generator
How it works – PSA
PSA oxygen generators utilize the well-known and mature Pressure Swing Adsorption technology. Atmospheric air comprises of 20-21% oxygen and the PSA process utilizes Zeolite molecular sieves to extract this Oxygen from air. Oxygen at 95% is delivered, while the nitrogen adsorbed by the molecular sieves is vented back into air through the exhaust line.
PSA process consists of 2 vessels filled with Molecular Sieves and Activated Alumina. Clean compressed air at 30° C temperature is passed through one vessel and oxygen comes out as product gas. The exhaust gas (Nitrogen) is discharged back into atmosphere. Upon saturation of the molecular sieve bed, the process switches Oxygen generation to the other bed by automatic valves, while allowing the saturated bed to undergo regeneration by depressurization and purging to atmospheric pressure. Thus 2-vessels keep cycling alternately in Oxygen production and regeneration ensuring Oxygen gas is continuously available to your process.
How it works – VPSA
For higher flow requirements, we recommend considering VPSA oxygen generators utilize the well-known and mature Vacuum Pressure Swing Adsorption technology. Process for VPSA is identical to PSA with the differences highlighted below:
- VPSA systems use low pressure blowers for better energy efficiency for higher air flows
- In the regeneration step of the cycle, a vacuum pump is utilized to assist with optimal regeneration of molecular sieves
- Due to lower working pressure, VPSA systems deliver Oxygen at a pressure of up to 1.3 kg/cm2.
- Customers requiring higher pressure will need to opt for a booster compressor downstream of the VPSA system.
Our PSA Oxygen Gas Generators are widely used across many industries including:
- Paper and Pulp industries for Oxy bleaching and delignification
- Glass industries for furnace enrichment
- Metallurgical industries for oxygen enrichment of furnaces
- Chemical industries for oxidation reactions and for incinerators
- Water and Wastewater treatment
- Metal gas welding, cutting and brazing
- Fish farming
- Glass industry